Location: Ōta-shi, Honchō, 20−17, Gunma-ken, 373-0057, Japan
Report date: September 2015
Report by John
Saloon opened on 1st December, 2012. I have always wanted to visit this pinball location whenever I have visited Tokyo, however since it is remote from Tokyo city the dream did not come true until September this year.
Mr. Ito, IK and I departed for Saloon around 3:00pm.
Searching for Saloon
Finally, we arrived at around 5pm after two hour’s drive.
Arrival at Saloon
Their ten pinballs were located near the entrance of Game Corner:
- OXO (Williams, 1973)
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Gottlieb, 1978)
- Joker Poker (Gottlieb, 1978)
- Flash (Williams, 1979) (moved from Neverland)
- Xenon (Bally, 1980) (moved from Neverland)
- Banzai Run (Williams, 1988)
- Radical! (Bally, 1990) (moved from Neverland)
- Gilligan's Island (Bally, 1991) (moved from Neverland)
- The Addams Family (Bally, 1992)
- Spider-Man (Stern, 2007)
Seven of the ten pinballs at Saloon:
Flash, Xenon, Joker Poker, Spider-Man, Gilligan's Island,
The Addams Family and Banzai Run
The other three pinballs:
Radical!, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and OXO
All games were in good condition. This was also my first time seeing Joker Poker in Japan.
It was also the first time I had ever seen OXO.
Mr. ITO and IK were working hard with their favourite games.
Games in Saloon
Mr ITO demonstrated how to get super-high scores on Spider-Man.
Top score on Spider-Man
Other than pinballs, Saloon has other games to enjoy.
More games in Saloon
Here is some additional information about Saloon:
- Opening hours: 3pm - 3am Tuesday to Friday, 1pm - 3am on Saturday, 3pm-12am on Sunday
- Public transport: Ten minute walk from the Ota station(太田駅) of Tobu Isesaki-Line (東武伊勢崎線) or take a bus from the JR Kumagaya station(熊谷駅) on Jōetsu Shinkansen(上越新幹線).
- Admission fee: Free
- Pinball cost: Yen100 (~USD 0.80) per 3-ball game
- Website: salooon.blog.fc2.com
- Comments: The ten pinballs were in good condition
© Pinball News 2015